Thursday, September 25, 2008

Self Worth

I believe that self worth plays a huge part in a person's ability to serve God. When someone does not believe that he or she is of any value it is difficult for them to be willing to do something for God. This perhaps is because they subconsciously think God does not see any value in them either. When one sees no value in himself or the things they accomplish it becomes very difficult to accept that God does have a plan for their life and wants to use them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very true...How we feel about ourselves greatly affects the way you feel about God. When we are "in the dumps" about ourselves, hating the person that we are...how can we be a light to others? We can't.

Montessa said...

Derek,
This is so true. If we do not believe in ourselves, and we are not capable of doing such things, then we will fail and it will relate how we feel about God.

Nice thoughts!

Montessa

Jess said...

I have to totally agree with you. Your service level will be the same as the level on which you place your self and your abilities. When you realize that God did NOT forget to give you gifts and you learn how to use them, God can use YOU to do great things for Him.

Anonymous said...

Wow. How very true that is Derek. I really understand where you are coming from.

Esther

Nina said...

This is so true, Derek! It was very well written and it give a lot to think about. I think self-worth is very important, because we can't give ourselves completely to God if we don't accept ourselves the way we are created by His hands. If person doesn't see any value of him/herself, by this he/she says that God made some mistakes creating him/her this way. But it's so important to realize that our Creator is professional, He never makes mistakes and never fails.
And we have such a good promise and encouragement in the book of Isaiah, where Lord assures us that we are precious for Him:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine...
Since you are precious and honored in my sight,and because I love you...
Do not be afraid, for I am with you". Isaiah 43:1,4,5.
Nina.

Nina said...

This is so true, Derek! It was very well written and it give a lot to think about. I think self-worth is very important, because we can't give ourselves completely to God if we don't accept ourselves the way we are created by His hands. If person doesn't see any value of him/herself, by this he/she says that God made some mistakes creating him/her this way. But it's so important to realize that our Creator is professional, He never makes mistakes and never fails.
And we have such a good promise and encouragement in the book of Isaiah, where Lord assures us that we are precious for Him:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine...
Since you are precious and honored in my sight,and because I love you...
Do not be afraid, for I am with you". Isaiah 43:1,4,5.
Nina.