Thursday, October 16, 2008
Self Acceptance
I blogged earlier about how we have to accept ourselves before God can use us. This time I want to wax elephants (or something like that) about accepting ourselves. I think that learning to accept ourselves, at least for the greater majority if not everyone, is basically a conscious effort at first. We must ask God to help us see ourselves in the way that He sees us. Only then will we be able to truly accept ourselves as we are. One of the reasons that we don't accept ourselves is because we don't think that others accept us. We see some little imperfection and Satin says, "Yuck!!! Do you see that? That is totally sick. You have to be the ugliest thing under the sun. In fact you're so ugly every time you walk into a room everyone vomits in their mouths." And, we're like, "Oh man, that is so true. I can't believe it. I probably made Harry sick yesterday when I said hi to him from across the parking lot. I wish I was never born. Oh! Why does God hate me? Why didn't He make me good looking? I am absolutely totally trash." Then we refuse to ever accept an opportunity to minister for God and we miss out on so much. In order to help someone accept them self here are some things to remember: others don't care about your little imperfections nearly as much as you do, others don't care as much about the way you look as they do about the way you are, and God made you the way you are and He has never made a mistake and doesn't make trash, and He loves you and accepts you just as you are. So, if God accepts you who are you to not accept yourself? Do you think you know more then God?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This made me cry. It really makes sense. Thank you.
Wow. It didn't exactly make me cry - I actually laughed. But that was because of the way you presented it. Yeah, I definitedly have problems like that. It has taken me some time to accept myself and what I look like. I think a lot of people, teens especially, go through those kind of feelings quite often. Good post!
Post a Comment